“If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn’t need to lug around a camera.” — Lewis Hine
I do this for myself. And I prefer following the paradigm “The only photographer you should compare yourself to, is the one you used to be”. Some more wisdom I begin to appreciate:
- Pictures you have taken have an influence on those that you are going to make.
- Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.
- Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.
- If I have any ‘message’ worth giving to a beginner it is that there are no short cuts in photography.
- There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.