The plugin has a very basic feature set, and I have never really promoted it — still, I was wondering how popular it is. I mean, it just works, reliably, and therefore it is a quite appropriate choice for many types of WordPress sites.
I came across NerdyData, a search engine for website source code:
Honestly, their web interface makes a pretty crappy impression. Nevertheless, It found about 140 websites that include the term “wp-geshi-highlight” in their source: https://search.nerdydata.com/search/#!/searchTerm=wp-geshi-highlight/searchPage=1/sort=pop
This is a short list of some web pages using WP-GeSHi-Highlight, found via NerdyData:
- vis4.net — for example: this post
- hashbang.ca — for example: this post (the author of the hashbang WordPress theme included WP-GeSHi-Highlight: https://github.com/doherty/Hashbang-wp-theme)
- itblog.su — for example this page
- sqlperformance.com — for example this post
- avav.byethost5.com — for example this post
- littleprojects.org — for example this post
- ku10.com — for example this post
- roth-soft.de — for example this post
When seeing this, I found interesting that many make use of the simple customization and deviate from the default styling of WP-GeSHi-Highlight code blocks.