The Google Summer of Code 2009 final evaluation deadline is today; 19 UTC. I don’t have time to summarize my summer here now, but there are two things I want to say to the world. First, I want to thank many people for enriching my summer. Second, I would like to announce the Clobi project on Google Code.
- Kate Keahey (Argnonne National Laboratory/The Globus Alliance/Nimbus team).
She offered me a fabulous mentorship. I assess this at its true worth by looking at what I’ve learned throughout the summer just because of these great conversations :-). Thank you for all your support and dedication and for pushing me and the project forwards!
- Tim Freeman and David LaBissoniere (Argnonne National Laboratory/The Globus Alliance/Nimbus team).
Wonderful, extensive and patient extra-premium-support-with-special-treatment regarding Nimbus/Workspace in the MUD. Thank you so much! You smoothed my technical way through the project.
- Ian Ward (creator of urwid, a console user interface library for Python).
He supported me so great while I was implementing the user interface for Clobi’s Resource Manager using urwid‘s new SelectEventLoop technology. Talking to him saved so much valuable time. Thank you!
- Mitchell Garnaat (the creator of boto, a Python interface to Amazon Web Services) and the boto users mailinglist.
Great and essential support since almost one year now. Thank you very much for answering many questions!
- Predrag Buncic (CernVM) and Artem Harutyunyan (ALICE@LHC).
Thank you for your support regarding CernVM on Nimbus!
- Jakub Moscicki, Ulrik Egede, Johannes Elmsheuser and the rest of the Ganga crew.
Thanks a lot for very important, effective and efficient support concerning the system behind Clobi and Clobi’s Ganga backend. You are great!
- Stefan Kluth and Stefan Stonjek (ATLAS@LHC, Max-Planck-Institut für Physik, Munich)
Thank you for many helpful discussions, support and beautiful times in Munich!
- Borja Sotomayor (University of Chicago, Globus Alliance).
He made a great job as GSoC mentoring organization administrator. Thank you for this and for introducing the MUD :-).
- Paul D Marshall.
Thank you for discussions regarding dynamical deployment of computing resources.
- Xiaoming Gao.
Thank you for the exciting cooperation regarding Virtual Block Stores for Nimbus.
- Alex Martelli.
He answered an important Python question that most people could not answer. Smoothed my way to implement inter thread communication in Clobi’s Resource Manager.
Clobi @ Google Code
Then I prepared a test release of all Clobi components. You can get it in the download section.
That’s all about Clobi for the next time. From tomorrow on, I will go on with my master thesis project in Physics (about Magnetic Particle Imaging). Next week, the ICMRM conference in Montanta starts and I’ve to make a poster for my contribution (abstract here).
I will go on with Clobi, when there is more free time :-).